Our Current Schedule
A Note from Pastor Kagin
Dear Church Family,
We are excited to take step number three in reopening beginning on Sunday, June 14, 2020! Sunday School classes will begin at 9:30am! The morning worship service begins at 10:30am with an overflow option in order to maintain a proper number in the auditorium. We will also gather on Sunday evening at 6:00pm as well as Wednesday night at 7:00pm for adults and teens. We are super exctied to begin our Adventure Kids Club on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm. As we gather at these times, please remember these details.
- For all Children's Programs
- Check-In at the Adventure Kids Kiosk
- Receive a touchless temperature check (If a child has a temperatures of 100.4 or higher, they will be able to attend)
- Wash hands with hand sanitizer
- Go to classroom
- We will continue to livestream all of our services at watchGBC.com, YouTube and Facebook. I you are not feeling well or are still uncomfortable with gathering, we invite you to enjoy our service online.
- The services will also be broadcasted on 89.1 FM in our parking lot. There will be some reserved spots for those who would like to sit in their cars and hear the service.
- If you do not have internet capabilities, you can call in to hear our services by phone. Simply dial +1 312 626 6799 and then enter the Meeting ID: 138 718 034#
We continue to take necessary precautions as we gather and so here are some things you can expect as you come.
- Signage to encouragement to maintain physical distancing and proper hand washing.
- The auditorium and other common areas will be sanitized before and after the services.
- The doors will be propped open as much as possible in order to reduce surface contact.
- Any handouts will be available for pickup in the lobby.
- Ushers will give direction and will be seating from the front to the back of the auditorium so that we can maintain physical distancing in our seating. Families will be directed to sit together.
- Because it would not be possible to sanitize them fully, hymn books will not be available for use during initial opening steps. The words will be displayed on the screens.
- Offering plates will not be passed. Offerings can be given online and via donation boxes located at each exit of the auditorium.
You may be wondering what precautions we will be taking as we begin gathering again. Here is what we are doing.
- We will avoid handshaking and physical contact, but we will maintain a warm, welcoming environment.
- We have installed new hand sanitizing stations.
- We are not requiring face masks, but you are welcome to wear one if you prefer. If you don’t not have one, there will be some available.
- We will not take everyones’ temperature. However we can if requested or it appears that someone is not feeling well. Temperature would be taken with an infrared thermometer. We ask anyone with a temperature of 100.4° to remain at home and enjoy our services at watchGBC.com.
- We request anyone who is sick to also take advantage of our livestream option.
- The air filters for the auditorium have been upgraded to improve air quality and cleanliness.
I want to finish by sharing my heart with you. I love church and I love seeing followers of Jesus Christ gathered in one place singing praise and fellowshipping together. As we begin to reopen our facility to in-person gathers, it is important for you to know that the decision to gather is yours. I fully expect and understand that you may be uncomfortable with gathering right away. Please know that because we love you, we will support you in that decision. Also, we all have unique perspectives and opinions. Satan would love to use this time to divide us. As we gather again, remember to demonstrate the love of Christ toward one another even when you might disagree. For instance, some will personally choose to wear gloves and masks while others may not. Instead of judging intentions or becoming argumentative, we should in all instances choose to demonstrate love one to another. Remember, loving one another is the pathway to a healthy, New Testament, Christian community. Our theme is One Another from John 13:34–35, “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.” Jesus has certainly given us a wonderful opportunity to practice our theme. Thank you for doing so well!
If you need anything or have a question, please call or text our church office at 937-293-7500.
See you soon!
Can We Pray for You?
If you have a question about the service schedule, have a need related to a ride or delivery of food related to the Coronavirus, please call our church office at 937-293-7500. We’ll have someone available to answer questions during normal office hours, and our church will do our best to help in any way we can. Of course, always feel free to reach out to your deacon as well.
We encourage you to join our services via livestream at our website. You can access our livestream via our home page or at gracebaptistofkettering.org/grace-media/live.
Consider sharing our livestream with a friend, family member or coworker. This is a great way to share Christ as the one who alone can give peace of mind.
Our Technical Support
If you need technical assistance with finding our livestream, please call our church office at 937-293-7500 an hour before services.
Through all of COVID19 the ministry responsibilities, both locally and around the world, have continued. Let’s continue to be faithful in our giving, whether that be in person on Sunday or electronically. You can give securely online at gracebaptistofkettering.org/give or by sending in your offering by mail.
Watch Overcoming Fear